Paid social is one of the main online advertising types explored on this site.
However, it’s also important for digital advertisers to pay attention to the organic part of SMM too. This is because organic social media is mainly about branding and community building, and having a strong brand and a loyal community helps online advertising perform better.
This is because brand value is the ultimate performance multiplier.
Ad-funded websites will likely see:
- more return visits
- more pages per visit
- longer average session duration
- and possibly higher CTRs on the ads on your site (because people trust you).
It should be noted that organic social is not a great traffic driver. This means that ad-funded sites should not expect to significantly increase traffic directly through social posts. People don’t go on social media to find ways to leave it.
But a solid approach to social media will improve your online advertising performance and is worth investing in.
Note: This is just a top-level guide. If you have anything to add, please get in touch at email@example.com
Click on the links below to jump to the associated section
- Top Tips For Social Media Marketing
- Top Social Networks
- What Should You Post?
- When To Post (And How Often)
- How Do Social Media Algorithms Work?
- How To Tell If You’re Succeeding On Social Media
- Engagement Rate On Social Media
- What Are The Main Types Of Engagement?
- How To Get More Followers/Likes
- Follow Ratio
- The Latest Social Media Marketing Posts
- Social Media Marketing Glossary
- Social Media Calculators
- Paid Social CTR Benchmark
- Facebook Engagement Rate Benchmarks
- Engagement Rate Benchmarks