A Video MPU is an MPU ad that contains a video in it.
7 Ideas & Facts About Video MPUs
- There is no technical reason why a video MPU should cost more than a ‘normal’ MPU, but publishers can charge more if they like anyway.
- For advertisers with video ads looking for more places to put them, a Video MPU can be a godsend.
- If TVs were still (almost) square then video ads would fit in video MPUs much better. As it is, video MPUs are not the best video players!
- This sort of MPU often has a much higher CTR than an image-based MPU, as they attract more attention.
- Video MPUs have a much higher K-Weight than image-based MPUs, so polite loading is a must.
- Most video MPUs don’t have an expand button so you can watch the video full screen, but they probably should.
- Like all videos, Video MPUs should initially load with the sound switched off so they don’t annoy users.