FMCG stands for Fast Moving Consumer Goods, and basically means anything you would buy in a big supermarket (food, clothes, pharmaceuticals etc).
7 Things To Know About FMCG
- With Amazon selling groceries and supermarkets rapidly shifting to offer more home deliveries digital marketing is now a huge part of the FMCG marketing mix.
- Fast Food brands have made their own niche on social media, with Wendy’s snarky Twitter account famously leading the way.
- Giant FMCG companies bulk buy ad space at a huge discount to be used by any of the brands they own. This both creates a financial backstop for ad-funded websites, as well as a downward spiral of eCPMs
- Selling food has unsurprisingly been seen as a job best suited for old media, with 2018 seeing only 10% of FMCG marketing budgets go on digital.
- For FMCG brands posting hacks, tips, & advice can be a great way to turn people from customers into fans.
- Local SEO is a vital channel for small scale FMCG businesses. Selling locally can reduce costs as well as create community goodwill.
- FMCG companies often refer to themselves as CPG companies (Consumer Packaged Goods).